Sunday 14 December 2014

The Wiccan Year

I have finished my second initiation book "The Wiccan Year" by Judy Ann Nock

I got much more out of it this time around. I was able to stop trying to figure out what was relevant to me and really take what i needed from it. To learn and grow without looking to cram myself into a niche.

I really enjoyed the visualizations as it took me back to being younger and that ability to really put myself in a situation. Complete with sensations.

I did find it centred on the female energies and understand why that is. I do look forward to discussing this book with others to get a male perspective on it and thus relate to what the book has to say in a different way.

Is it strange that even as a "gay" man( I honestly feel that my sexuality has evolved to the state of being more of a pansexual) that I do not necessarily feel a stronger connection to the goddess energies? I do not think so but look forward to exploring that aspect a bit more. I don't think that I have ever been that conscious of a difference in the energies.

Hmm.

Interesting.

I have swiftly moved on to reading my next book. I had planned to read "Egyptian Paganism" by Jocelyn Almond and Keith Seddon but was draw to look into "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft" by Christopher Penczak instead. I feel I have been missing my inner power and that connection to the divine. Knowing the practises that draw me in will not help me if I do not understand my own power.

Who knows, I may end up just reading both at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment